Friday, December 26, 2014

I Live In Billy's House

for nurse, who gave me love when i deserved it least



I Live In Billy's House


Was that the best that you could do; I’ll lie and cave if made to wait
Scrape dirty blade across my want, I should never have been out that late

Did I surely need to learn this lesson or were you just keen; much too willing
To teach it to me behind shadows to scratch your name, though I was stilling

Beneath your hand, beneath your rule night hangs above; I’ll never keep
All of my skin through this tribunal and countless nights that I shan’t sleep

Roses bright red inked ‘cross your back; never my friend but so much more
A lover, husband, keeper, God. My hands yours now - chained to the floor

You ask I’ll give though breath is worn, I feel your patience; not unlimited
Payment required is enormous. Final virtue you elicited

I call your name but you’re long gone for days I’ve dreamed and wilted so
Take all you need you always knew I’d give it up before I go

No comments: