Tuesday, November 18, 2014

By the Same Name




Lo! There you are
I thought I’d lost you
Maybe hoped or perhaps prayed

Thought I’d left
Your spell in broken pieces
On the dirty floor

But here we are
I know your face
Didn’t outrun you in the woods

Didn’t survive you
On the sea, didn’t
Escape you ‘cross the dunes

Your creeping fingers
Made of black and
All the truths you torture with

Come flooding back
I hear the knock, but it’s
Too late, you’ve pushed inside

Old friend, you say
Touch my shoulder and take
A seat upon my bed

Maybe I always knew you’d come
Back to me when
I had but calmed

Back to our bond, and
Our dark corners
Back where we lay for o’ so long

And then much farther
Beyond purchase
That I have made; I’d come so far

Have you no pity
No moderation?
Will you test me once again?

My quickened blood
My cracked control
Eyes cast upon your curling smile

I feel it now
I’m stretched too thin
Already dead, I knew your name

I watched you slip
Into my dreams, and you
Grew huge: Leviathan

I’ll watch you bring me down
Again, I’ll watch as you watch it
All burn



No comments: