Sunday, November 16, 2014

Brother

this heat has fed my new-found addiction. dear God, save some forgiveness for me....


Brother


And I dreamt of your death woken quick in the night
But seemed day for sunshine, sweat-slicked skin ‘neath the light
Pondered grace and past self, stumbled through glass-black street
Hope shall stars twinkle less for now my end be meet.

Follow with you and your chance; render peace ‘midst this swarm
Enemies blind and lost, we shall rise, thin our storm
Life-hot tears crack me open, long for done though remain
These our promises be broken and our futures all but wane.

I have wont to worry of you and such child-like selfishness
Same moment, cast my soul toward Oblivion; heart enormous.
Sick with need, skin foul pallid, sticky cold and all undone
Such that you were, and are, above it and your better is to come.

With fettered limbs hung in temperance honesty quiets all our words
But fat lenses prove to damper calls of flighty, wing-clipped birds
And this worry be it useless, and this rusted, worthless frame
No cut true, for us be liars and our shared fear nought but shame.

O’ your sister; that I am. Cemented here, unmoved. Benumbed.
Remembering that happiness so surely spanned, crested love’s drum
All of your smile and dark-framed face, we missed you so, though time passed clean
For when I saw all fate become, as easy task to fit between.

No comments: