Monday, August 7, 2017

Just To Be Clear

It was far too late to go for a walk
But of course I went anyway
Right down to the end of the street
Forgetting this wretched pain of a day
Trying at least to lose some of my nerves
Remembering all of your solid words
Coming up short when it came to the end
Knowing that I just cannot bend

So I came to the end 
where the road was no more
I found everything
It was smashed on the floor

My heart and my soul 
Still belonging to you
Cursed and abandoned;
But no longer true

So don’t be surprised
When comes the dawn
You said disappear 
And so, I was gone

It was far too late to go for a walk
But of course I went anyway
Right down to the end of the street
Thinking of how I could fix this day
All I found was a curve in the road
And a long wooden fence, and beyond, a lake
That’s when I was soughed and I became
Part of the beyond with nothing at stake


No comments: