Monday, April 6, 2015

Slumbering Boy

 
I'm so afraid.
I've forgotten how to function; how to breathe.
My lips are red and dry, and as cracked as my will.
Statues would blink, turn their heads, speak words
That could never be
as we passed by. You and I; impossible
With frenzy in Elysium and then
In the early evening autumnal, auburn light, all this truth
makes me slaver.
My pupils blown with thirst
Who am I to enjoy such fresh hope?
Each night, lying next to your warm ghost.
I tremble,
Filled with cornflower-blue dreams
And maddening, hopeful needs.
Sunlight and snow; beautiful; unavoidable opposites
That draw nearer with each touch our lips don't make,
And with every embrace we never share.



If things start happening, don't worry, don't stew,
just go right along and you'll start happening too.

~ Dr Seuss

No comments: